Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church
Covid-19 Guidelines Update August 8, 2021
As most of you are aware, there is a nationwide increase in cases of Covid-19, specifically the “Delta Variant”. The Administrative Board met on Sunday, August 8th to discuss this, considering the guidelines from our United Methodist Conference office and what it means for Mt. Pleasant. The consensus of those in attendance is that we, as a church family, need to be aware of this issue as it affects all who come into our facility. We need to respect the rights, beliefs, and feelings of each individual without judgement, and we need to be protective of ourselves and others as we gather, while loving one another as Christ has loved us.
After prayerful deliberations, open and frank discussion, and freely shared thoughts and opinions, the following guidelines have been approved by the Administrative Board of Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church. These guidelines are now effective. The additional worship service will become effective on Sunday, August 22nd along with a shift in worship times to our regular schedule. The Administrative Board is committed to open communications with our members and will meet when necessary to reassess and adjust these guidelines as this fourth wave of the pandemic wanes.
Covid Guidelines Update (8/8/2021)
1. Everyone is asked to wear a mask for all indoor activities (Sunday School, committee meetings, group
meetings, worship, etc.) or request outdoor space for your activity where there is greater ventilation and room
to spread out. Masks will be available if you forget to bring one.
2. Please continue to practice social distancing as much as possible when inside.
3. We will have two worship services beginning Sunday, August 22nd. The first service will be at 8:30am in the
Pavilion. Masks are optional for this service and family units are encouraged to bring chairs and sit together.
The second service will be at 11:00am in the Sanctuary. This indoor service will be “masked.” It is understood
that not everyone can wear a mask, nor is everyone eligible for the vaccine. Please be considerate of all our
members when choosing whether to worship at the pavilion, in the sanctuary, or online.
4. Sunday School will be held inside beginning at 9:45am. As with the inside worship service, you are
encouraged and asked to wear a mask.
5. If you are uncomfortable with the worship options, or are unable to attend, we will continue to live stream the
services via Facebook.
* Sunday August 15th schedule will still be 9:30am Sunday School and 10:30am Worship in the sanctuary. Please wear a mask this Sunday.
* The Administrative Board is asking the Scouts and Preschool to submit their guidelines to be publicized to parents.