THIS SUNDAY IN WORSHIP
This Sunday in worship, Pastor Jonathan will be sharing with us “Walking With Serenity”. The scripture lesson is from James 4:13-17.
SPREAD THE WORD
Please help spread the word that we will be going to a new worship schedule on Sunday, August 22nd, as we implement new Covid
Guidelines for Worship. Early worship will be at 8:30am in the Pavilion with
masking optional, Sunday School will begin at 9:45am in assigned rooms, with all requested to wear masks, and the late service will be at 11:00am in the sanctuary, with all again requested to wear masks.
BLESSING OF THE BACKPACKS
All of our children and youth are invited to bring their backpacks to worship this Sunday as we spend some special time together in preparation of a return to school on August 23rd.
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
Please note, we will not have Children’s Sunday School on August 15th and August 22nd. We will be back in class on August 29th.
NEW COVID GUIDELINES FOR WORSHIP
As most of you are aware, there is a nationwide increase in cases of Covid-19, specifically the “Delta Variant”. The Administrative Board met on Sunday, August 8th to discuss this, considering the guidelines from our United Methodist Conference office and what it means for Mt. Pleasant. The consensus of those in attendance is that we, as a church family, need to be aware of this issue as it affects all who come into our facility. We need to respect the rights, beliefs, and feelings of each individual without judgement, and we need to be protective of ourselves and others as we gather, while loving one another as Christ has loved us.
After prayerful deliberations, open and frank discussion, and freely shared thoughts and opinions, the following guidelines have been approved by the Administrative Board of Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church. These guidelines are now effective. The additional worship service will become effective on Sunday, August 22nd along with a shift in worship times to our regular schedule. The Administrative Board is committed to open communications with our members and will meet when necessary to reassess and adjust these guidelines as this fourth wave of the pandemic wanes.
Covid Guidelines Update (8/8/2021)
1. Everyone is asked to wear a mask for all indoor activities (Sunday School, committee meetings, group meetings, worship, etc.) or request outdoor space for your activity where there is greater ventilation and room to spread out. Masks will be available if you forget to bring one.
2. Please continue to practice social distancing as much as possible when inside.
3. We will have two worship services beginning Sunday, August 22nd. The first service will be at 8:30am in the Pavilion. Masks are optional for this service and family units are encouraged to bring chairs and sit together. The second service will be at 11:00am in the Sanctuary. This indoor service will be “masked.” It is understood that not everyone can wear a mask, nor is everyone eligible for the vaccine. Please be considerate of all our members when choosing whether to worship at the pavilion, in the sanctuary, or online.
4. Sunday School will be held inside beginning at 9:45am. As with the inside worship service, you are encouraged and asked to wear a mask.
5. If you are uncomfortable with the worship options, or are unable to attend, we will continue to live stream the services via Facebook.
ON THE CALENDAR
Sunday, August 22
8:30am Early Worship Service
9:45am Sunday School
11:00am Late Worship Service
Monday, August 23
6:00pm Travel Ball Team Practice
6:30pm Girl Scouts
Tuesday, August 24
7:30am Senior Breakfast @Butcher Boys
7:00pm Boy Scouts
Wednesday, August 25
9:30am Prayer Team
7:00pm Chancel Choir
Thursday, August 26
6:00pm Travel Ball Team Practice