Missions & Service: As a means of embracing our church mission to follow Jesus, make disciples, and transform the world, we intentionally engage in hands-on mission work and service and missional giving impacting our community and world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of our mission and service engagements include but are not limited to;
- Sherrills Ford Food Pantry – Providing food and clothing for those in need in our community.
- UMC Missional Network – A United Methodist network of 13 churches serving those in our community through ministries for and with students, faculty, and staff, at the Rosenwald School.
- Carolina Cross Connection – a youth mission trip traveling across N.C. serving those in need.
- Eastern Catawba County Christian Ministries (E.C.C.C.M.) – an ecumenical approach to meeting the hunger, financial, and personal needs of those here in our community.
- Among others are: U.M.A.R., The UMC Emergency Response Center (Terrell), Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes, Habitat for Humanity, serving the elderly in our congregation and community, Hospice, The Red Cross, Meals on Wheels, the Boy Scouts of America, the Girl Scouts of America, and the list goes on.
Service/Volunteer Opportunities: As members of the congregation, we commit ourselves to upholding the witness of the Church with our proactive service and self-less giving to those in need, simply because they are in need. There are a number of Church Ministry Teams to volunteer your time and service such as; Children & Family, Youth, Adults, Seniors, Nurture & Congregational Care, Missions, Outreach & Evangelism, Assimilation, Worship, Communications Team, Trustees, Staff/Parish, Finance, Vision Team, to name a few. We believe that every single person is of tremendous value in the eyes of the Lord, and all are invited to find their unique niche of serving God here as one member of the greater body of Christ here at Mount Pleasant. To learn more about ways in which you can volunteer, please reach out to Rev. Mark Muckler, any one of our staff or leadership. – “It is more blessed to give, than to receive” – Acts 20:35.